GCSE Composing (Component 2)
Students will be examined on the following:
- Composition A is a free composition for which the student will choose their own style and resources.
- Composition B is written in response to a pre-release stimulus provided in September – students will respond to ONE of the following: a short melodic fragment; a rhythmic motif; or a chord progression.
- Length of both compositions combined should be 3-6 minutes
Students must submit BOTH compositions in the form of a recorded performance (which may be live or sequenced) and they must also provide ONE of the following for EACH composition:
- a detailed notated score OR
- a lead sheet OR
- a written account (max. 600 words) using a template provided by CCEA
The following handouts may help you to get started with your composition: